Saturday 24 May 2014

Loop rods for the season ahead

Here are my Loop rods for the season ahead. Of course I have the switch which is the Cross S1 #7, but I have also taken a keen interest in a new rod offered up by Goran Andersson . It is part of his new signature range, its an 11ft #3 rod.

 
 Goran states that he has landed fish around the 10 kilo mark with this rod and when you lift it you do feel a deep power in the butt of the rod. The rod flexes nicely from the middle and casts a light line very well and when you need to fight a salmon you can rely on the strong butt section to take over.

 
 It is made with nano resin technology or Loop powerlux. Beautiful looking blank and finished to a very high standard. I have a feeling I will be reaching for this rod a lot this season, be it for sea trout at night or fishing for grilse and salmon in low water. I have an Opti creek line on it which is a #3 and the Evotec reel with the feather light spool.


Here is my new switch rod and I have to say I am really liking it already. The cross range can cast such a wide variety of lines and gram weights, I actually found a line around 18-19 grams was very nice on it, I do think I prefer a lighter line approach but Loop recommend a 22 gram line as a good starting point.



Tough and flexible black snake and rod wings, I love the matt finish, I don't like a flashy rod. Cool understated blue whippings, the Cross S1 is a really beautiful rod. Just looking forward to putting a bend on it now!




No comments:

Post a Comment